Friday, February 20, 2009

~~Strange World

I don't like this world. The world I'm currently working in as a software professional, or so called Consultant-Technology. When this industry opened it's door to me,like it does to millions out here in India,I was fascinated by it's structure and the amount of IQ one has to spend to make things work here. Initially I was also excited because I was getting to work near Delhi, and believe me it's amazing for a small town boy to see Delhi and the beauty it holds within it. Also I got an opportunity to live with my college friends,six in all,together. So,time flied ,and so did we ,without being prudent enough to see what's in store for us.
But,this industry ,I mean the software industry just shook me. It was very strange for me,to see so many selfish and cut throat people around. People who didn't meant what they said, for whom words were just mere words without any attached meaning, show off was considered wise enough so that one could sustain .
I was even shocked by my own friends,their level of understanding shocked me.My opinion started changing about them, I had started believing that I never knew them.
The only motive which moved people around here was their own success, and that's right and wise enough to do, considering the theory of "objectivism". I'm myself an ardent follower of Ayn Rand's theory.
But while considering selfishness as the path to success people forget that,that selfishness was portrayed on characters such as Howard Roark,who demolished the whole structure seeing that it wasn't built on his principles. We just forget that character,and the characteristic it displayed and what we remember is theory of objectivism.
Here, the question is not how work should be done,it's about how work is get done. It's not about opportunities,it's about the way you can make them.
In these six months I have seen guys changing their attitude towards someone just because they were in need, changing their opinion just because that suited them, changed their friends just because that helped them.

All what I can summarize is,I couldn't find a single person here for whom I could say ,"A man is a man of character and action and not pretensions and deceptions".

2 comments:

  1. Oh boi! I wrote my Ayn Rand views on the other blog. D'uh..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah,i believe there should be a book to rightly explain ayn rands theory !!

    ReplyDelete

 
template by suckmylolly.com