Saturday, October 16, 2010

Magic of random thoughts

I am trying to write. Do we need refined thoughts to write? Should we be clear about what we are writing? May b I wasn’t thinking clearly. This might be the possible explanation of, why in the first space I am asking these questions. But, as I have asked them, let us try and put certain perspective into them. Because all thoughts exist due to some reason, we just need to find the right perspective in which they will fit in. I still don’t know the answers of the above questions. Though what I can possibly say is that, we don’t need a predefined set of thoughts to be able to write meaningfully .Writer is supposed to pen down his imagination. Imagination is supposed to be wild. Wild enough to tame the wildest of reader thought. To maintain that wildness, we need to give certain opportunity to our imagination, to fly free. Free of any predefined prejudices, social architecture, personal longing, desires etc. The magical part of this will be a story without any bounds. Full of wilderness flowing all around .But if we try and give certain shape to this magical writing by relating it with certain events and architectures, it falls under the category of magical realism. Like of Rushdie and Gabriel are champions of magical realism.
I never intended to write on an explanatory note on what magical realism is. But I ended with one. So, see the magic or no concrete thoughts!!

2 comments:

  1. yeah its indeed interesting to see where heading nowhere specific can lead...so trying to get back to writing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ .... . I wanted to write those words, but I know it will irritate you. So, buying a bit of your affection :). N coming back to ur question, yes a bit. And yes, it somehow lead to somewhere. Wanted to include certain concepts of chaos theory too in this. But wasn't able to .

    ReplyDelete

 
template by suckmylolly.com