Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bucket List

I had to stop and think about my own Bucket List,after watching Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson deciding theirs. Thinking about the list was an addition to my earlier enlightening spat with father about having an aim.
Though after reaching home, the first thing on my mind was to have a hair cut. I had to get that cut,as it was an order by someone close to me. Sweetly my father asked, to take me to the hair dresser himself. So,after a long long gap,I was back to my childhood days when my father used to take me for a hair cut on his dhugdhugi. He was pretty nervous this time,as in whether I would like the barber chosen by him or not.
Along the way he also taught me,"jab samay accha nahi ho to samay ke peeche nahi bhagte,intezaar karo acche samay ka patiently"(Don't run after time,when it's not good,just wait for the right time patiently),why he said that is a different story all together.
Overall I was fascinated by the barber he choose,it was like Zeitgeist of 90's was circling me. Sound of old hindi songs playing themselves out from a dim voiced radio ,subscription of Mayapuri's full of Bollywood gossips lying ruthlessly on crimson colored couch ,the cheap satin colored cloth used to prevent hairs from falling directly upon your clothes ,different varieties of cosmetics all were just same.The difference being the AC.
So,while the hours passed I was transformed from a long haired junglee to a short haired insaan,as that loving person demanded me to be. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, i miss those times. I used to get my hair cut for Rs. 10 flat, till the time i left calcutta some 4 years back. I had my hair cut in this neighbourhood barbershop called Skylark( i always wondered why every second barbershop in Calcutta is called Skylark). Call me stingy or middleclass, it pains me to pay Rs. 100 for a haircut now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those magical and fanciful memories !!

    ReplyDelete

 
template by suckmylolly.com